Diabetic Cake Fondant
This week for Sugar Free Sunday, I decided to make Sugar Free Marshmallow Fondant. I love making celebration cakes for friends and family, but when I use ordinary fondant, some of my family can’t enjoy the cake because of the vast amounts of sugar in the icing.
So to ensure everyone can enjoy my bakes, I have been using this recipe to make sugar free fondant.
You will need:
Equal parts Sugar Free Marshmallows and Powdered Sweetener
½ Table spoon of water
Additional powdered sweetener for dusting and if necessary for the fondant.
- Microwave the marshmallows in 30 second blasts (normally takes 1 – 1.5 minutes) until all merges into 1 when you stir
- In a large mixing bowl, measure the sweetener and pour the melted marshmallow on top
- Using a wooden spoon, mix together the sweetener and the marshmallows until a ball starts to form.
- Heavily dust a clean work surface with powdered sweetener and pour the marshmallow ball onto the work surface
- Coat your hands in the powdered sweetener to help the mixture not stick to you too much.
- Knead the fondant ball with the heal of your hand until a smooth ball is formed.
- You may need to incorporate more sweetener if the mixture is too sticky
- When the mixture easily forms a smooth ball, the fondant is complete.
- When completely cooled, wrap in cling film and keep in a cool dry place for up to 1 week.
When it comes time to use it, simply dust your work surface with powdered sweetener and roll using a rolling pin.
Let me know how you get on if you try this recipe for yourselves!
P.S to see exactly how I made it, watch my first ever YouTube video >>>
[[Link coming soon]]