Sugar free, avocado brownies.
This week I wanted to make one of my personal favourite treats, rich chocolate brownies. But I wanted to take away the guilt element of enjoying this delicious treat, because y’know bikini season is fast approaching!
Your Shopping List
½ cup of Coconut Oil
300g Dark Chocolate (85%)
2 Cups Xylitol
1 Cup of Plain Flour
1 Mashed Avocado
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 Medium Eggs
Chopped Hazelnuts (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 190c Fan (200c non fan)
- In a saucepan over a low heat, melt together the chocolate and coconut oil
- Once fully melted, stir in the Xylitol.
- Make sure fully combined before adding in the Flour, baking powder and vanilla extract
- Stir in the mashed avocado fully. (to make it super creamy, I recommend blitzing it in a food processor)
- Beat in the eggs one at a time to ensure completely combined.
- Here is where you would add the hazelnuts if you wanted. (or any other filling you want, Choc-chips, chopped almonds, anything your heart desires!)
- Grease and line an oven proof dish.
- Spoon in the brownie mixture, about 1 inch deep for optimum gooey brownies.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out relatively clean, with no completely raw batter.
N.B. Alternatively, grease a shallow muffin tin and spoon one ice cream scoop of the brownie mix into each space. (should be filled just below the top)
Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out relatively clean, with no completely raw batter.